Prolux Electrical Contractors are proud to promote energy efficiency and implement sustainable energy solutions to businesses.
The VEET energy saver incentive scheme was implemented on January 1st, 2009 by the Victorian Government in order to:
- contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gases
- make energy efficiency improvements more affordable
- encourage investment, employment and innovation in industries that supply energy efficiency goods and services
In mid 2012, the VEET scheme was expanded to include both commercial light upgrades and industrial light upgrades (including LED High Bay lighting). A registration process allowed eligible organisations to off-set the cost of switching to energy efficient lighting through a rebate in the form of VEECs (Victorian Energy Efficient Certificates) on approved energy efficient lighting – one VEEC represents one ton of CO2 emissions saved.
On December 10th, 2018, the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) scheme changed its name to the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Program.
The name change was rolled out alongside remade regulations, following the mandatory 10-year review.
This program provides businesses like yours with access to huge energy-saving upgrades and improved energy efficiency.
‘On average, most companies will save over 50% on their overall lighting cost.’
The VEU Program was developed, with one key principal in mind…
“To utilise Government grants, for sustainable energy solutions that contribute to a greener future and increase your bottom line profits.”
Prolux Electrical Contractors provide accredited LED lighting upgrades to commercial and industrial buildings, under the VEU Program. They offer a turnkey solution when it comes to LED lighting, from planning and development, through to project management, installation, recycling of old lamps and applying for government subsidies.
Prolux are focused on achieving sustainable solutions for their clients. They achieve this by providing property owners and managers with ways to reduce their CO2 emission and environmental footprint and this in turn provides continual financial benefits. One highly cost-effective method is via improvements in building performance.
How we offer VEU Lighting Rebates
- Conduct a complimentary Sustainability Solution Audit at your workplace
- Prepare a complimentary report outlining your savings on electricity usage and electrical maintenance over 10 years (refer to sample below)
- Install recommended products to your premises (upon your approval)
- Claim Government rebates/grants
- You sit back, and wait for the profits
‘Lighting can make up to 80% of your total electricity bill.’
What’s the Catch?
There isn’t one. The cost of the fittings is outweighed by the savings.
Prolux manage the whole process. They estimate your electricity savings, install high efficiency LED lighting that’s best suited to your office, commercial or industrial warehouse, including stairwell lighting, corridor lighting and car park lighting and assist you in the preparation for your VEU grant rebate.
All our energy efficient products, including LED High Bay lighting are VEU approved, meaning the rebate process is seamless for all commercial and industrial lighting installations.
Why Upgrade to LED Lighting?
LED lighting is a very smart solution for targeting optimal energy efficiency, the results speak for themselves.
- Reduction in electricity costs
- Reduction in CO2 emissions
- Increased asset value
- Improved energy efficiency
- Decreased building maintenance costs; lamps and replacement costs; instant start up with extended globe life and lower operating temperatures which significantly reducing fire risks.
- Improved worker comfort, wellbeing, health and productivity
- Improved working environment; less flickering, absence of UV rays
- Projected NABERS star rating improvement
- Non toxic
‘They last up to 20 times longer than traditional lights, eliminating the need for frequent light changes and the expense and time involved.’
Reduce CO2 Emissions
By upgrading to eco friendly LED lights, you are not only doing your part for the environment, but making smart economic choices in increasing the asset value of your business.
For example, a medium sized industrial warehouse, consisting of 200 High Bay LED lights and 3000 LED tube lights could save around 900 tonnes of CO2 per year. A large school consisting of 4,000 LED tubes could save around 350 tonnes of CO2 per year. To put this into context, 100 tonnes of CO2 is equivalent to removing 20 cars off the road for a year or the energy use of an average household for 7.5 years.
‘They use up to 80% less energy compared to traditional bulbs.’
To do your bit for the environment while growing your net profit, arrange an audit with Prolux today.
Call Prolux Electrical Contractors on 1800 800 880. We provide commercial or industrial buildings with sustainable LED lighting solutions.