In 1952, Sorbent transformed the Australian outhouse routine into something more enjoyable by introducing absorbent crepe toilet paper, in individually wrapped rolls. They then went on to expand their range by introducing facial tissues and more recently flushable wipes.
Their Melbourne warehouse located at Stanley Dr, Somerton was running with inefficient lighting:
- Canopy Area: Metal Halide High Bay Lights
- Warehouse: Metal Halide High Bay Lights / Dual T8 Fluro Lights
- Exterior: Metal Halide Flood Lights
- Offices: Dual T8 Fluro Lights – T-Bar / Compact Fluro Lights
After an appraisal, Prolux identified that by installing new LED lighting that a savings of close to $126,736 p.a. could be achieved through the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Program, and in addition a 77.3% reduction in energy consumption.
The new LED lighting installation consisted of upgrading to the following lights:
- Canopy: PHOENIX High Bay – Motion Sensors. This products is perfect for the direct replacement of the 250 – 400w Metal Halide/HPS High Bay lights. It offers significant cost savings with a much lower wattage, less maintenance (dust resistant body) and a wider beam angle.
- Warehouse: PHOENIX High Bays / JUNO LED Battens
- Exterior: APOLLO Flood Lights
- Office: NOVA LED Panel Lights / STAR Oyster Lights / STAR Downlights / Mini Panel Lights
Prolux supplied, wired and installed the recommended LED lights throughout the entire warehouse and removed all old light fittings from site for recycling.
“Over a 10 year period, the client is predicted to save $1,267,362.”
The Sorbent Paper Co.
Energy Reduction: 77.3%
Payback Time: Instant
Predicted 10 Year Savings: $1,267,362
Reduction in CO2 Emissions: 560.02 tonnes p.a.
Prolux provide accredited LED lighting upgrades to industrial and commercial buildings, under the Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) Program. For an appraisal, call Prolux today on 1800 800 880.